Keeping your laptop screen clean can be challenging. Using a wrong cleaner or resorting to wrong methods of cleaning a laptop screen can damage the screen, mess with its display and result into overall malfunctioning.
Attempting to clean your laptop screen without knowing the right procedure is not what we would like you to do. how to clean laptop screen? is a frequently asked question by new buyers.
Therefore, in this article, we shall attempt to answer your question of how to clean laptop screen. This article shall answer all the related question laptop screen cleaning.
Also, by the end of the article we will mention some of the type of cleaners you can prepare or buy to clean your laptop screen along with the step by step processes of cleaning the laptop screen.
Why is it important to know how to clean laptop screen?
Before you decide to take this issue casually, we would like to list a few facts which will make you stick to this article till you read it to the end.
- The image clarity could reduce if your laptop screen is constantly in use, especially if you own a touch-screen laptop.
- The display of the screen might seem dull due to it being exposure to air and dust.
- The dust accumulating on the surface of your laptop screen can eventually get inside your laptop, preventing various parts from working properly.
- If you have an anti-glare coating on your laptop screen, you need to take special care of it.
- It is important for any laptop user to know that not all sort of liquids/ chemicals can be used to clean laptop screens.
These are a few things you need to take into consideration before you decide to leave your laptop screen uncleaned or clean it using improper cloth or liquids.
For the readers’ convenience, in the following section we have given a detailed account of the procedures of how to clean laptop screen.
How to clean laptop screen: Do’s and Don’ts
Many of the laptop users tend to use tissue papers or rough clothes to clean their laptop screens. However, you must know that the laptop screen is the most delicate part of your laptop exposed to greater damage threats when in use.
Therefore, cleaning the laptop screen becomes a necessity in order to secure a long life of the laptop in use. Being an informed user will help you increase the shelf life of your laptop. Hence, we are listing the dos and don’ts while cleaning laptop screen so that you do not regret it later.
Following are the things you need to do in order to ensure that you don’t cause any harp to the screen of your laptop:
- DO use a soft cloth, preferably the one made of microfiber. Microfiber cloth piece can work the best in cleaning laptop screens.
- DO follow a circular pattern while cleaning with screen.
- DO engage your hands into gentle motion while cleaning the laptop screen.
- DO dust using a soft cloth prior to using any liquids o the screen.
- DO make sure that the laptop is turned off.
Now, it’s time for you to know the list of things you should never do while cleaning your laptop screen. Here’s the list of the don’ts:
- DON’T apply harsh chemicals directly on the laptop screen. It is advised that you completely avoid using any sort of chemical or even if you do it should have light chemical properties. You can dilute it before applying.
- DON’T use rough paper or cloth towels. The lints from the cloth ends up clinging onto the surface of the screen and in turn falls off, making the keyboard dirty by getting stuck in between the keys. Also, there’s a high chance that it will leave stains and minuscule scratches on the screen.
- DON’T press on the screen. Remember, the screen is delicate and pressing on it won’t give you any better results.
- DON’T apply liquid or swipe the corners of the screen with moist cloth.
- DON’T dampen your cleaning cloth too much.DON’T overdo. If there’s a stain which you are unable to remove even after multiple cleaning trials, leave it. Cleaning a part of the screen for more than a considerable amount of times might cause damage to the other areas of the screen, especially if there’s a scratch.
Keeping these things in mind, you can proceed to clean your laptop screen. The upcoming section of this article on how to clean laptop screen will cover the step by step procedures. We will also state a few alternative ways of cleaning laptops in case you have a hard time removing a spot or scratch on your laptop screen.
How to clean laptop screen? – Steps
We will start this section by listing the simplest steps making it the basic method under this section of how to clean laptop screen. The first method will not only help you to remove dirt from the laptop screen but will also make sure that there’s no harm caused to the screen. The method requires simple ingredients which is readily available in everyone’s house.
Here are the steps one has to follow:
Step 1: Use a dry cloth to dust away the dirt. Gently swipe the cloth from one side to other side of the screen. A microfiber can be the best choice.
Step 2: Prepare the solution with which you want to clean the screen. You can prepare it by following the steps mentioned –
- Take approximately 200-250 ml of luke warm water in a bowl.
- Now add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to the water and mix in well.
Step 3: Dip a lint-free cloth into the soapy water.
Step 4: Rinse out as much water as you can after dipping the cloth into the solution.
Step 5: Gently swipe the cloth in a circular pattern over the screen. Make sure you don’t put much pressure. This will remove the tiny dirt particles from the surface of your laptop screen. Start from the top corner and move across the screen back and forth till you reach the bottom.
Step 6: Leave the screen for a few seconds and wipe it again with the cloth. But before doing that make sure you rinse the cloth again in pure water.
Step 7: The soap residue will be removed.
Step 8: Take a soft dry cloth and wipe the screen again in order to remove the dampness from the screen.
If you think you don’t have a suitable dishwashing liquid, you can prepare your own liquid to clean the laptop screen. Here’s how: –
- Take 1 cup of water in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup of white vinegar to it.
- Mix them in equal proportions.
- Now take a proper microfiber piece of cloth and dip into the mixture.
- Start cleaning the laptop screen by following the steps mentioned in the earlier method.
Removing dust from the laptop screen seems to be quite easy. Doesn’t it? But many of the laptop users have a hard time in fixing their laptop screens with scratches. People end up spending a lot. However, we are listing out a simple step-by-step method to remove scratches from the laptop screen.
Here’s how to clean laptop screen with scratches:
Step 1: Choose a proper toothpaste, the one which is not a gel paste and do not have large abrasive or whitening particles.
Step 2: Put some toothpaste on to the parts of the screen where you find scratches.
Step 3: You can use a Q-tip or a tissue to apply the toothpaste on the scratches.
Step 4: Let it dry. Leave the screen for several minutes.
Step 5: Take a slightly dampened cloth, preferably a microfiber to wipe over the paste applied spots.
Step 6: You will get a spotless and scratch-free screen.
If you wish to resort to any other methods of cleaning your laptop screen, you might consider the following: –
- Using rubbing alcohol as a cleansing liquid.
- Using a lightly dampened sponge.
- Use a cleansing spray. Make sure you do not apply it directly onto the screen.
- You can also use a soft dusting brush to remove the dust particles from the surface.
LAPTOP CLEANERS TO USE
People have a hard time in figuring out the right cleansing liquid for laptop screen. But whichever liquid you end up buying, make sure you adhere to the following:
- Don’t use cleansing products containing ammonia or acetone.
- The chemicals are way too aggressive.
- The display screen could get damaged to a great extent, destroying the anti-reflective coating.
Best LED & LCD Screen Cleaner in India
These are the products you can use to clean your laptop screen safetily:
- RiaTech 3 in 1 Screen Cleaning Kit – Buy Here
- SPIN CART 3 in 1 Screen Cleaning Kit – Buy Here
- Terabyte Cleaning Gel – Buy Here
We hope this article on how to clean laptop screen might have answered to all your questions. All the sections and aspects covered in the article are aimed at informing the readers and lessening their troubles they are likely to face while cleaning the most delicate part of their laptops.